This Standard establishes performance requirements for air wire rope hoists for vertical lifting service involving material handling of freely suspended (unguided) loads using wire rope as the lifting medium with one of the following types of suspension:
(2) hook or clevis;
(4) base or deck mounted (does not include winches of the type covered by ASME B30.7).
(5) wall or ceiling mounted (does not include winches or the type covered by ASME B30.7).
It is applicable to hoists manufactured after the date on which this Standard is issued.
It is not applicable to:
(1) damaged or malfunctioning hoists;
(2) hoists that have been misused or abused;
(3) hoists that have been altered without authorization of the manufacturer or a qualified person;
(4) hoists used for lifting or supporting people;
(5) hoists used for the purpose of drawing both the load and the hoist up or down the hoist’s own wire rope; or
(6) hoists used for marine and other applications as required by the Department of Defense (DOD).
The requirements of this Standard shall be applied together with the requirements of ASME B30.16. Please also refer to ASME B30.16 for requirements pertaining to marking, construction, and installation; inspection, testing, and maintenance; and operations. The standard includes an appendix on Air Wire Rope Hoists used in marine and other applications as required by the Department of Defense (DOD).
- ANSI Approved
- Number of Pages:
- File Size:
- 1 file , 440 KB
- Redline File Size:
- 2 files , 3.8 MB